Building Project: Next Generation Shared Space
August 6, 2020
• Architectural plans now go to the engineer to put all the specs in so a contractor can read and allocate a accurate bid. The engineering plans will be complete in September.
• Breaking ground is on hold till we hire a contractor. The goal is to start late this fall but weather and availability of contractors will help determine the timeline.
July 21, 2020
• Officially approved for a $1 million loan from the Mountain Sky Foundation. Members of the Building Team will work with the foundation to negotiate terms of agreement.
• A new logo becomes the official calling card of the Sapphire Early Learning Center
July 1, 2020
Since given approval to move forward with the Sapphire Early Learning Center project the building team has met twice. Here is a recap of what has been done to date:
- The Mountain Sky Foundation has requested a bit more information from us regarding the project. That info will be submitted before July 1st. The foundation committee meets on July 15th and we are anticipating loan approval at that time.
- The City of Stevensville has set the date for the public hearing for the SELC variance request. The meeting will be July 2nd at the library.
- The building team met with Angela Stringham and began the design process. We discussed storage and some ideas on making the space more efficient including a door from the kitchen to the fellowship hall, rest room accessibility, and security issues. We will wait until after the meeting with Stevensville Town Council to go further.
- Sara Malo and Gretchen Speiss have started putting together a marketing and capital campaign program. They will be working closely with Stewardship/Finance committee in regards to the capital campaign.
- The SELC website will be up soon. We are looking at ways to share updates on the project with all of you and the community via the website, Facebook, emails, etc. Stay tuned.
- Kendra Ruff has drafted a job description for an office admin person to fill the role of SUMC office admin and to help the SELC construction project administrative tasks. Along with SPR, we will begin a formal search for a candidate
- We have submitted application for three grants to date totaling $11,000.
- The building team is still anticipating ground breaking in early Sept. and opening the center in May 2021.